AUSTRALIAN STANDARD SAFETY GLASS
The following standards apply for the use of safety glass in shower screens
· Traditionally used in semi frameless and frameless shower screens.
· Produced by passing cut-to-size float glass through a heat furnace, this process strengthens the glass, producing glass 4-5 times stronger than ordinary float glass.
· Toughened glass can still be broken, however if it does break, it shatters into small fragments which in effect minimises the risk of injury caused by glass splinters.
· Traditionally used in fully framed shower screens.
· Usually made from two pieces of 3mm float glass with a 0.38 poly vinyl butryal (PVB) interlayer.
· The interlayer does not alter the transparency of the glass.
· The interlayer prevents the glass from disintegrating when broken.
FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND, ALL OF OUR SHOWER SCREENS ARE GLAZED IN ACCORDANCE WITH AS2208 AND AS1288.
THIS IS OUR GUARANTEE TO YOU.